Saturday, June 20, 2015

Let’s Help Send Uma Shannon to San Francisco


Uma, the daughter of John and Miranda Shannon and grand-daughter of Nancy Simmons and the late Barrie Simmons, among the earliest students of Choegyal Namkhai Norbu, was recently accepted to the Alonzo King LINES Ballet Training Program in San Francisco, CA starting fall 2015 . This two year world class program accepts only 36 students annually, and it's Uma's dream come true!

In Uma's own words:

"I am attending the Alonzo King LINES Ballet Training Program next year, because it has everything I am looking for as a dancer. Alonzo King LINES can provide the rigorous multifaceted program I need to prepare myself physically and mentally for my dance career. I began dancing at 14, five years ago, dance has changed me and continues to change me. My desire and drive to excel at dance has taken me far. I have studied various forms of dance including: ballet, contemporary, modern, flamenco and most recently the movement language called Gaga. I have danced continually, adding as many hours to my training as possible.”

The Alonzo King LINES Ballet Training Program has awarded Uma a partial merit scholarship, but there is still a significant amount of tuition to pay. She can't take out educational loans because it is a professional training program and not a school. She is asking for your support so that she can continue to train and become a professional dancer. Uma's current goal is to raise enough funds to cover the cost of the first year of this two year long training program, its associated costs and living expenses.

Please visit and share Uma’s Indiegogo site Help Uma Go To Alonzo King LINES Training Program to find out all the details of her new fundraising goals as well as her most recent campaign updates.

If you are on Facebook please visit and like Uma's Dance Project , where you can watch her latest dance videos, see her latest pictures and get status updates. Uma loves to choreograph new dances and looks forward to sharing them with you on Facebook and Instagram.

Thank you all so much for all your support

PS: As the Alonzo King LINES program does not provide room and board, one of Uma's greatest challenges is affordable safe housing in the Bay area, within a reasonable distance from her program in San Francisco. Any leads, advice and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

No comments: