Monday, December 26, 2016
A Season's Message from the Tsegyalar East Gakyil
Dear Vajra Brothers and Sisters,
Warm greetings from Tsegyalgar East. We are writing to share an update on end of year happenings and plans for next year.
End of year donations are welcome and very much appreciated. All donations are tax deductible. There are many causes that you can offer to that will greatly help to support Rinpoche’s Vision for our Dzogchen Community and Tsegyalgar East. Some examples include:
· Helping with the development of Dzamling Gar Gompa and our Gar’s House there
· Retreat Cabin development and repairs on Khandroling
· A newly developed fund to support our Community’s Authorized Teachers
· Donating to the planning funds for our 2nd Annual Tsegyalgar East Summer Celebration on Khandroling next year.
You can click here to visit the donation page and select your cause.
Here are some brief updates to share:
· Membership is very important to our Teacher and Community. We’ve made some changes to our 2017 Tsegyalgar East Membership options to accommodate everybody. This includes a new Ordinary Reduced membership tier that is available for people in low income situations, Veterans, and other special cases. Sign-up for 2017 membership will be available on January 1st.
· The grant application for $175,000 to cover the cost of replacing the Schoolhouse roof and constructing an accessibility ramp is nearly finalized and will be submitted soon to the town of Conway, MA for funds they make available as a result of the Community Preservation Act, a special fund to be used for historic preservation. A special thanks for our Vajra Brother Ed Matheny for all his hard work in leading and developing the application.
· The Tsegyalgar East House at Dzamling Gar is coming along beautifully. A special thanks for Kyu Kyuno for helping to furnish and coordinate the final touches on our incredible gift from Rinpoche. It is almost booked for upcoming retreats. If you plan to visit and reside at Dzamling Gar, please read about the view and what it means to reside in Dzamling Gar.
· Earlier this month (December 8-11), a new Museum of Asian Art and Culture opened in Merigar West. Our Vajra Brother Ed Hayes thoughtfully traveled to the event, gave a brief overview presentation about Tsegyalgar East, and presented Rinpoche with a beautiful gift, a ring with Rinpoche’s name engraved in it, on behalf of our Gar.
· If you are interested in learning more about the detailed work of the Gakyil, we invite you to download meeting minutes and read about the many happenings at Tsegyalgar East. Gakyil meeting minutes are available here.
The 2017 Tsegyalgar East Program of courses and retreat offerings is not yet finalized. Here is a tentative incomplete schedule for events we’ve confirmed thus far for 2017:
· January 9-February 27th: 8 week Yantra Yoga Monday evening class, 5-6:30pm
· January 28-May 20th: Yantra Yoga, Pranayama and Yantras of one of the Five Series beginning with the First Series and moving sequentially through the series (5 Saturdays:
January 28, February 11, March 18, April 29, May 20)
· January 11th-ongoing: Yantra Yoga, 2nd Wednesday of each month, 4:30-6:30pm
· February 25-26th: Purification of 6 Lokas Practice Weekend
· March 12th: Worldwide Transmission of Guru Garab Dorje
· March 25-26th: Irregular Dance of the 3 Vajras Practice Weekend
· April 21-23rd: The Vajra Dance that Benefits Beings Course
· May 26-29th: Vajra Dance of the Song of the Vajra Course Part 1
· June 17-20th: Vajra Dance of the Song of the Vajra Course Part 2
· July 1-4th: Vajra Dance of the Song of the Vajra Course Part 3
· July 17- 23 2nd Annual Tsegyalgar East Summer Celebration
· July 24-August 6th: International Yantra Yoga Teacher Laura Evangelisti teaching at Tsegyalgar East (details will be announced soon)
· August 7-21st: International Vajra Dance Teaching Prima Maya teaching at Tsegyalgar East (details will be announced soon)
More programs are planned, including for fall 2017. Details will be announced as soon as we have them.
Warm wishes for a healthy and happy holiday season and New Year.
Love,Tsegyalgar East Gakyil
Posted by Jacqueline Gens at 6:30 AM